How you can Give

The Government of Canada Workplace Charitable Campaign (GCWCC) is truly a donor’s choice campaign. Not only can the employee choose which charities they give to, they can also choose the form of payment.

An employee can choose from the following payment options:

  • Payroll deduction: allows you to spread your donation evenly over the entire year. Your deductions commence on the first pay in January. Your donation will appear on your T4 slip, the following year, so you don’t have to keep track of multiple receipts.
  • Credit Card: you can choose to give a one-time credit card donation, or spread out your donation with twelve, equal, monthly donations (charged on the 15 of each month commencing January).
  • Cheque: you can pay by cheque, or a series of post-dated cheques. Cheques are made payable to “United Way – GCWCC”
  • Cash: one time cash donation for the amount of your total gift.

How do you make your donation?

All federal public servants can make a donation to the annual GCWCC by completing a gift form, which is available in all federal workplaces across the country during the annual September to November campaign period.

Electronic Pledging (ePledge) 

In certain regions, you have the ability to make your payroll deduction, Paypal, one-time or monthly credit card donation online. As all ePledge links are different and specific for each department, please contact your departmental campaign team to obtain your link.

ePledge is not available everywhere, but it is being expanded to more regions of the country. Ask your canvasser if your organization uses ePledge. The alternative to ePledge is the paper-based pledge form.